Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 7



It's been 7 days! I've been on my journey for AN ENTIRE WEEK. I exercised 6 out of these 7 days... (and I really felt guilty about the one day that I missed). I haven't had any sweets, chips or soda so far. I'm feeling so pumped up right now. I'm ready for week two... Bring it on!

You know, my daughter bought me two pairs of jeans a couple of years ago. This is the pair that I'm really dying to get into. The label says size 15, but I can barely get them over my rear end, let alone zip them up.


Yuck! I hate how my stomach looks. I look like I'm pregnant.


The top of my double stomach actually looks like a boob in this picture.


This is the second pair that have been hanging in my closet for soooo long. These are actually a size 14 wide, but at least I can pull these up over my rear end, I just can't zip these up either.



My daughter asked me why I wanted to post unattractive pictures of myself like this. I told her because I am determined to wear both pairs of jeans one of these days and putting myself out there like this keeps me accountable.    




Inspiration picture: Kelly Osbourne



Glucose: 212 (Down 49 more points! Wow! What a difference a week makes.)
Weight: 185 (No change here, but I must have gotten up to go to the bathroom at least 4 or 5 times last night so I know I'm on the way to losing inches.

Daily Food Journal:



Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal, with blueberries, chopped walnuts and flaxseeds (I took the picture before I remembered to put the flaxseeds in... oh and I had decaf coffee, too.
Hey, I read that walnuts have the most, and best quality of, healthful antioxidants among common nuts. They're a great source of protein, too.
Lunch: Roasted garlic hummus, romaine lettuce, tomatoes on whole wheat bread, 1 apple
and a hot cup of green tea with honey
Snack: 1 hard boiled egg
Dinner: 2 slices of rotisserie chicken, mixed vegetables and 2 slices of an organic tomato

Notes: I tried to keep my body moving after I had breakfast. Cleaning the apartment helped a lot then my daughter and I worked out at the gym again... this time for 45 minutes. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the machines. I'm so proud of my daughter and it feels really good to have a work out partner throughout my journey. She's on a journey of her own, too.

Just remember: Don't stop, you are closer than you think!!! We will be stronger, faster, leaner and healthier this time next year!!! Do no give up! You can do it! We will keep moving even if the scale does not!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Rachel! You are doing awesome on your journey! Keep at it and before you know it you will have reached your goal weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work and in no time you will be rocking both pairs of jeans!!

    ReplyDelete