Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 13




It's funny but as soon as I wake up in the morning, I'm excited to do two things...and no, eating breakfast is not one of them. Believe it or not, I can hardly wait to weigh myself and check my glucose. That's a big switch for me because before my journey I avoided my meter and the scale like the plague. At the time, I figured what was the point? Because of my poor eating habits, I knew the numbers weren't going to be good, but now, I can't wait to do both. My how things have changed.

Inspiration picture: Valerie Bertinelli



Weight: 182
Glucose: 155 (I can't believe it! Yesterday, it was 166 and today, it's come down another 11 points.)

Daily Food Journal:
Breakfast: Special K with berries, decaf
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of whole grain toast, 1/2 banana
Dinner: 1veggie burger, 15 grapes and mixed vegetables with broccoli and spinach

Notes: My husband suggested that I put off exercising for a day or two so that my knee can heal. He feels that I'm pushing myself too hard and maybe I should only work out 3 or 4 days a week. I don't agree. I mean, I've been listening to my body and if I'm becoming too exhausted, I stop. I just don't want to not work out for 2 whole days. It seems like I'd be going backwards. Besides, my knee feels much better than it did yesterday. Today, it only bothered me when I was going up the stairs. Anyway, I took his advice and skipped my work out today, but tomorrow, I'm getting back to it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,
    I always loved your inspirational pics!

    That is so amazing that you now look forward to seeing what your blood sugar is and what number is on the scale. You are doing amazing! I so understand about wanting to exercise but yeah, if your body is telling you something, it's always best to listen to it! Let's hope tomorrow gives you the chance to get back into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I'm learning is that this is a marathon not a sprint. So it's ok to take a couple days off to rest and recoop if need be. I do that a couple times a week it seems, and it always helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is right, your body (especially your muscles) need to rest in order to strengthen and repair themselves. Taking a day or two off is going to be beneficial in the long run.

    ReplyDelete