Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 29



I've been walking a lot lately, but only because I've been afraid to go to the gym. See, I was worried that my knee was going to start aching again. Tonight though, I decided to take my chances and go. I figured that after over a week, it should be healed up by now so I was really looking forward to working out.

Now, I was really considering joining LA Fitness, but after giving it a lot of thought, I decided that for the time being, the smaller gym better suits my needs. Yes, I won't lie, I will miss all the amenities that the larger gym offered but, here's the thing. For one, although my home gym is small, it's never crowded. Most of the time, I have the gym all to myself and occasionally, I'm only sharing it with one other person. I find that I prefer the intimate setting. Also, there's less loud grunting from fellows lifting 400 pounds... (no offense guys, but it is extremely annoying).  And talk about convenience. It's about a 2 minute walk from my apartment when LA Fitness is a 15 minute drive across town. Best of all... it's free. Here's my little gym.


Once again, I had the gym all to myself, so I just watched television while I was on the treadmill.


Inspiration picture:

Before and after: James, 26, from Fort Worth Texas, tipped the scales at 651lbs when he first appeared on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, left, but a year later he was down to 338lbs, right

Before and after: James, 26, from Fort Worth, Texas, tipped the scales at 651lbs when he first appeared on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, above, but a year later he was down to 338lbs, below.

Before and after: James, 26, from Fort Worth Texas, tipped the scales at 651lbs when he first appeared on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, left, but a year later he was down to 338lbs, right

Daily Food Journal:
Breakfast: Special K with berries, decaf
Lunch: Tuna on whole wheat, 1 apple
Snack: 6 crackers, 1 Tbs. peanut butter


Dinner: 1 plain Veggie burger, salad with raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing

Notes: Today went well. It felt good being back at the gym. I loved the work out and my knee is just fine. Yeah!

You belong on your own to do list.

5 comments:

  1. You know, I so get your reasons for wanting to stick with what is convenient and works for you. Where I go is nothing fancy that is for sure but it is convenient which makes it easier to go more regularly. Hey - I'm really happy to hear your knee is behaving! Love your inspirational picture today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I dread big gyms because of the crowd. I always think someone's watching me but I guess that's just my paranoia. Plus your gym being free and so close to home makes it quite easy for you. No excuses! :)

    Glad your knee is feeling better...and yes, yes the grunting from those dudes lifting weights are SO annoying! I thought it was just me.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you on your journey! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That's a very nice little gym going on there! I wouldn't miss the people working out around me either hahah. I guess I get paranoid like Eesh in this case. I'm sure nobody is actually watching, it's just us being self-conscious?
    I remember that episode of Extreme makeover! Love that show, such great inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachael! Tit for tat, I'm following you now! I don't have any interest - personally - in gyms at all, except maybe for the weights, which I know I need to start doing. I can certainly understand you feeling more comfortable in a smaller gym at least to start. :)

    ReplyDelete