Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 9


Motivational Quote - It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle.



I would like to introduce Spark People to those of you who haven't already heard of it. In my opinion, it's the best web site out there to help with your weight loss battle. It absolutely free... yes, it doesn't cost any money. There are so many things you can utilize on this site and I'm learning so much about not only losing weight. but when the time comes... how to keep it off. You can find healthy recipes, learn exercises, track your calories, start a blog or just read and be inspired. You can even get a program geared specifically for people with diabetes or heart disease. I absolutely love it and now that I'm on my weight loss journey, I'm on this site just about every day. Go to sparkpeople.com today, join for free and start reaping the benefits. You'll be glad you did.

Inspiration picture: Jill Scott



Weight: 184
Glucose: 217 (My numbers are up by 9 points) I'm thinking maybe it was because of the grapes that I had with my dinner last night. I usually have 2 fruits a day, yesterday I had three... an apple, an orange and grapes. Even though it's fruit, I still have to be careful being a diabetic. I want my doctor to see progress after I go to the lab in July so from now on, no more than 2 fruits a day. I want my glucose below 200 for a change.

Daily Food Journal:


Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, flaxseeds, walnuts and decaf


Lunch: Tuna fish on whole wheat with lettuce, tomatoes, 1 apple
and a hot cup of green tea with honey


Dinner: 1 piece of beer battered fish tender, (I really wanted 2, but the sweet potato was pretty big), 1 baked sweet potato and spinach

Notes: I got the girl's up early this morning. We were at the track by 7:00 a.m. We walked around for about 50 minutes... the other 10 were spent stretching. Then we came home and got ready for church... which is why we were all nodding during the sermon. Also, tonight after I washed the sweet potato and put it in the oven, I worked out at the gym for 30 minutes while it was baking. That's the first time that I was able to work out twice in one day. Still going strong, but I'm also still taking things one day at a time.

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well neither does bathing, that's why they recommend it daily.  (Also from Spark People)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to check out that site, sparkpeople

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spark People sounds like an interesting program which is definitely worth checking out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete